IND vs NZ: List of Records Created by Team India: Team India was on the roll as they walked out to bat against New Zealand at the Wankhede Stadium in the first semi-final. It was a batting masterclass on display by the sound Indian batters, who collectively amassed a mammoth 397 runs in 50 overs in the World Cup 2023 Semi-Final.
Every Indian batter that walked out to bat was right on the money as the hosts tormented the Kiwis all throughout the first innings. The proceedings began with the Indian captain Rohit Sharma setting the tempo right straight away in the very first over of Trent Boult with two boundaries.
Rohit Sharma (47) perished after giving a befitting start to the team. Virat Kohli then partnered with Shubman Gill and took the team over the 100-run mark. Gill was retired hurt initially after scoring 79 runs. While Virat Kohli continued to stay in the middle with the incoming batter Shreyas Iyer.
Both Kohli and Shreyas Iyer scored centuries during their stay in the middle. While Kohli scored 117 runs, Iyer was dismissed after scoring 105 runs. Later on in the innings, the final punch was delivered by KL Rahul, who scored a quickfire 39 runs in just 20 deliveries. In 50 overs, Team India put up the score of 397 runs in the loss of 4 wickets.
Meanwhile, en route to the 397 run total, Team India and its players registered several new records besides breaking a few of them. Here in this article, we will lead you through the list of records created by Team India during the World Cup 2023 Semi-Final against New Zealand.
IND vs NZ: List of Records Created by Team India during World Cup 2023
Fastest Century by Team India during the World Cup
- 62 Balls – KL Rahul vs NED, Bengaluru, 2023
- 63 Balls – Rohit Sharma vs AFG, Delhi, 2023
- 67 Balls – Shreyas Iyer vs NZ, Mumbai WS, 2023
- 81 Balls – Virender Sehwag v BER, Port of Spain, 2007
- 83 Balls – Virat Kohli v BAN, Mirpur, 2011
Most Sixes in World Cup innings by Indian Batter
- 8 – Shreyas Iyer vs NZ, Mumbai, 2023
- 7 – Sourav Ganguly vs SL, Taunton, 1999
- 7 – Yuvraj Singh vs BER, Port of Spain, 2007
- 6 – Kapil Dev vs ZIM, Tunbridge Wells, 1983
- 6 – Rohit Sharma vs PAK, Ahmedabad, 2023
- 6 – Shreyas Iyer vs SL, Mumbai, 2023
Highest Team Total in World Cup Knockouts
- 397/4 – IND vs NZ, Mumbai WS, 2023 Semi-Final
- 393/6 – NZ vs WI, Wellington, 2015 Quarter Final
- 359/2 – AUS vs IND, Johannesburg, 2003 Final
- 328/7 – AUS vs IND, Sydney, 2015 Semi-Final
- 302/6 – IND vs BAN, Melbourne, 2015 Quarter Final
Most Centuries by a Batter in ODIs
- 50* – Virat Kohli, India
- 49 – Sachin Tendulkar, India
- 31* – Rohit Sharma, India
- 30 – Ricky Ponting, Australia
- 28 – Sanath Jayasurya, Sri Lanka
For More, Check The Official Site: ICC