Full List of injured players for ICC World Cup 2023: The ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 is just about to get underway in a couple of days’ time across the 10 cities in India. The venues are getting makeovers to accommodate the needs of the world-class showpiece event. In a similar way, all the participating teams are leaving no stone unturned in their preparation as they aim for the World Cup 2023’s coveted trophy.
The 15-member squads have also started to roll in as we inch closer to the World Cup 2023, which is slated to begin on October 5 at the Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad. Notably, September 28 is the deadline to submit the finalized squads for the tournament, and the teams won’t be allowed to change their player list post that. The changes will only be allowed in outstanding situations.
A majority of the 10 participating teams have already submitted their finalized squads, but we will have to wait for September 28 to get all the 10 squads.
While the sheen of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2023 continues to glow bright, it appears that there will be a slight dent in it as the concerns about player injuries grow. So far, multiple confirmed injuries have been revealed and there might be a few more revelations as we go closer to the tournament opener between England and New Zealand.
This article will lead you through the full list of injured players for ICC World Cup 2023.
Full List of injured players for ICC World Cup 2023
Confirmed injured players:
- Anrich Nortje: Back injury (South Africa)
- Ebadot Hossain: Knee (Bangladesh)
- Sisanda Magala: Left knee (South Africa)
Below is the list of players who have suffered either minor blows or are recovering from an past injury, however, yet not completely ruled out of the ICC World Cup 2023.
Likely Injured Players:
- Maheesh Theekshana – Hamstring Injury
- Dushmantha Chameera – Shoulder Injury
- Dilshan Madusshanka – Oblique Muscle Injury
- Wanindu Hasaranga – Hamstring Injury
- Naseem Shah – Shoulder Injury
- Haris Rauf – Side Strain
- Imam ul Haq – Back Spasms
- Najmul Hossain Shanto – Hamstring Injury
- Tamim Iqbal – Hip Injury
- Tim Southee – Thumb Fracture (Declared Fit)
- Daryl Mitchell – Finger Injury
- Axar Patel – Blows on forearm and fingers
- Travis Head – Left Hand Fracture
- Ashton Agar – Calf Injury
- Adil Rashid – Cramps
- Mark Wood – Sore Heel
- Jofra Archer – Continue to rehab
- Temba Bavuma – Thigh Muscle Strain
For More, Check The Official Site: ICC