IPL 2023: Now that the Indian Premier League 2023 auction is over, all of the teams’ rosters are ready. This time, a lot of teams saw significant changes, some players received millions of dollars, while a lot of players went unsold. Now that the roster has changed, the teams may begin preparing for the upcoming campaign.
Some teams may now turn to the new leader because their squads have changed. Let’s take a look at which teams will enter the Indian Premier League 2023 with predetermined captains or which players can captain which teams.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore(RCB) – Faf du Plessis
- Chennai Super Kings(CSK) – Mahendra Singh Dhoni
- Kolkata Knight Riders(KKR) – Shreyas Iyer
- Punjab Kings(PBKS) – Shikhar Dhawan
- Delhi Capitals(DC) – David Warner/ Rishabh Pant
- Rajasthan Royals(RR) – Sanju Samson
- Mumbai Indians(MI) – Rohit Sharma
- Lucknow Super Giants(LSG) – KL Rahul
- Gujarat Titans(GT) – Hardik Pandya
Only Sunrisers Hyderabad looking for a captain
Only Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) will not have a captain in the IPL 2023; all other teams will enter with predetermined captains. Bhuvneshwar Kumar, who has led the team on numerous occasions, is the strongest candidate among them.
In addition to him, there is Mayank Agarwal, who served as the Punjab Kings’ captain during the previous campaign and who joined Hyderabad at this auction.