The India VS England one-off test is set to begin on the 1st of July. This game is the series decider game of the India VS England Test Series that happened last year. That series was called off because the Indian team was unfortunately struck by Covid-19 and the schedule of the Indian Premier League in 2021 was just a week away. So, the BCCI requested the ECB to shift the test match to this white-ball tour. So, this game is an integral part of the series that was played last year. Here is a quick recap of the 4 games of the series:
India VS England 2021 Test Series First Game:
The first game of the series was drawn. The rain saved the English team that day. India was chasing 232 runs on a day 5 pitch and was looking very settled at 52/1 on Day 5. The team was just 150-odd runs away from getting a lead in the series. The top performers of the game were KL Rahul and Joe Root. Joe Root was the lone fighter from the English batting unit.
- England 1st Innings: 183 (65.4 overs), Joe Root 64 (108), Jasprit Bumrah 4/46 (20.4 overs)
- India 1st Innings: 278 (84.5 overs)
- England 2nd Innings: 303 (85.5 overs)
- India 2nd Innings: 52/1 (14 overs), KL Rahul 26 (38), Stuart Broad 1/18 (5 overs)
India VS England 2021 Test Series Second Game:
The second game saw the Indian team making a strong statement. The Indian batters were on song. The innings by KL Rahul were special once again. He scored a hundred in the first innings. Joe Root once again bashed the Indian bowlers and scored a whopping 180*. Mohammad Siraj cleaned things up in the first innings. The second Indian innings were fun-filled. Cheteshwar Pujara and Rahane played well but Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammad Shami impressed with the bat! Mohammad Siraj bowled a match winning spell too.
- India 1st Innings: 364 (126.1 overs)
- England 1st Innings: 391 (128 overs)
- India 2nd Innings: 298/8d (109.3 overs)
- England 2nd Innings: 120 (51.5 overs)
3rd Test Match 2021 Test Series:
In the 3rd Test match, England won. Joe Root once again scored a hundred. Sir James Anderson bowled an exceptional spell taking 3 wickets giving only 6 runs. India got out for 78 in the first innings. Cheteshwar Pujara did make a fight back but it was all in vain as England won by an innings.
- India 1st Innings: 78 (40.4 overs)
- England 1st Innings: 432 (132.2 overs)
- India 2nd Innings: 278 (99.3 overs)
4th Test Match 2021 Test Series:
The last test match saw Rohit Sharma score his first overseas hundred. He was in exquisite touch. Lord Shardul played a crucial knock in the 1st Innings. Umesh Yadav impressed with the ball in both the innings. Ollie Pope was impressive with the bat as well. India won this game by a comfortable margin. Umesh Yadav was dominant in the second innings as well.
- India 1st Innings: 191 (61.3 overs)
- England 1st Innings: 290 (84 overs)
- India 2nd Innings: 466 (148.2 overs)
- England 2nd Innings: 210 (92.2 overs)
To know more about India VS England go to Team India hit by Covid, likely to hamper test preparations for the 5th Test against England.
To know more about it go to England Cricket Team: ICC T20 World Cup 2022, Best Playing XI, Squad, Schedule, Venues, Timings, Predictions.
To know more go to the official website of the BCCI.