Saturday, June 22, 2024

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Match Preview, Playing 11, Head-to-Head, Dream11 Team, Pitch, Toss, Weather Report and Live Streaming of IPL Final 2024

ADVERTISEMENT

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: After the end of 73 intense games and two months of action, the 2024 Tata Indian Premier League has finally reached its finale. The most important match of the tournament will witness two time winners Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and 2016 winners Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH) fight it out against each other in the final of IPL 2024 and this nail biting encounter will be played on 26th may at Chennai’s iconic M.A Chidambaram Stadium. The match will commence at 7:30 pm IST. 

Ahead of this all – important encounter, the Kolkata Knight Riders will feel pretty damn confident having defeated the Hyderabad based team on multiple occasions this year and they will like to make it a hat – trick of victories against SRH by defeating them in the final of IPL 2024 on 26th May. 

The Sunrisers Hyderabad on the other hand will be looking to break the winning momentum of KKR by turning the tables and lift the IPL trophy for the second time. Cricket fans all around the world will be anticipating to watch a fierce and thrilling game of Cricket between these two teams and the IPL trophy being on the line will make this match even more special.

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Match Preview and Playing 11

Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR): Preview

IPL 2024 FINAL between RCB vs KKR - AB De Villiers
IPL 2024 RCB vs KKR | Pic: Google (The Indian Express)

The Kolkata Knight Riders, led by Shreyas Iyer stormed their way into the final of the 2024 Tata Indian Premier League with a dominating victory over Sunrisers Hyderabad in the first qualifier, winning by a commanding margin of eight wickets. This dominating win emphasized Kolkata’s amazing track record in the finals of IPL, having made their way in the title deciding matches a total of four – times, including the current IPL 2024 final. It’s worth noting that the Kolkata based franchise has lifted the IPL trophy twice in 2012 and 2014 under the formidable captaincy of Gautam Gambhir, who is currently associated with KKR as a mentor. 

KKR’s form in the last five matches: W, NR, NR, W, W

KKR’s strongest playing 11 in the final against SRH: Sunil Narine, Rahmanullah Gurbaz (WK), Shreyas Iyer (Captain), Rinku Singh, Venkatesh Iyer, Ramandeep Singh, Andre Russell, Vaibhav Arora, Harshit Rana, Varun Chakaravarthy and Mitchell Starc. 

Sunrisers Hyderabad (SRH): Preview

SRH vs RR: IPL 2024 Stats, Players With Most Runs and Most Wickets Full Updated List, Orange Cap and Purple Cap After SRH vs RR Qualifier 2
SRH celebrating their Win (Associate Press)

The Sunrisers Hyderabad, under the leadership of Pat Cummins managed to bounce back after their defeat against KKR in Qualifier one with a dominant victory against Rajasthan Royals in the second Qualifier by 36 runs and earned themselves a well deserved spot in the final and a chance to lift the trophy for the second time. 

Despite making their IPL debut in 2013, the Hyderabad based franchise has already made it to the final twice since their inception. They lifted their maiden IPL trophy in 2016 under the astute leadership of David Warner and while they qualified for the summit clash again in 2018, they had to face a defeat at the hands of the five time winners Chennai Super Kings. 

But this time around, SRH will be looking to change their fortunes by defeating KKR in the final on 26th May and it remains to be seen which team ends up winning the mega encounter. 

SRH’s form in the last five matches: W, L, W, NR, W

SRH’s strongest playing 11 in the Final against KKR: Abhishek Sharma, Travis Head, Aiden Markram, Rahul Tripathi, Nitish Kumar Reddy, Heinrich Klaasen (WK),Pat Cummins (Captain), Abdul Samad, Jaydev Unadkat, T Natarajan and Bhuvneshwar Kumar.

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Live streaming details

The Final of IPL 2024 between two time winners Kolkata Knight Riders and 2016 champions Sunrisers Hyderabad will be telecasted live on the Star Sports network on television. Fans can also catch the live action of the final on the website and application of Jio Cinema for free. 

KKR vs SRH: Head to Head

KKR and SRH have played a total of 27 games against each other and out of these 27 matches, the Kolkata based team have finished victorious on 18 occasions whereas Hyderabad have triumphed on nine occasions. 

KKR won: 17

SRH won: 9

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Pitch, Toss and Weather report:

Weather Report: According to the weather reports of AccuWeather, the day time on 26th May will be hot and sunny but during the evening period, there are going to be slight chances of thunderstorms and rainfall with 97% cloud – cover. The chances of rainfall interrupting the final are 3% which is not considered a major threat by any means and fans will get the opportunity to enjoy the full game. Average temperature is anticipated to be around 33 degrees Celsius.

Pitch and toss report: The surface of the Chepauk Stadium of Chennai is well known for favoring bowlers especially spinners. The surface provides an ample amount of turn and grip which makes it difficult for the batters to play their shots freely. In the second Qualifier match between SRH and RR, the dew factor didn’t play any kind of a role which allowed bowlers to grip the ball easily and expect it to be the same in the final as well. The toss winning captain will most likely choose to bowl first.

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Players to watch out for

1. Sunil Narine: Kolkata Knight Riders star all rounder Sunil Narine has performed exceptionally well with both bat and ball in IPL 2024 and this has helped KKR to reach the final. 26th May is also Sunil’s birthday so the birthday boy will like to make his 36th birthday memorable by helping Kolkata lift their third IPL trophy with yet another match winning display.

2. Travis Head: SRH opener Travis Head has been in brutal form with the bat having amassed 567 runs in 14 games at a monstrous strike rate of 192.20 and an outstanding batting average of 43.62. His record in finals with the bat is unmatchable and he will be looking to make his IPL 2024 campaign memorable by helping SRH lift their second IPL trophy.

3. Mitchell Starc: Kolkata Knight Riders fast bowler Mitchell Starc will have a huge role to play with the new ball and he would like to wreak havoc in the first six overs like he had done against the same opposition in Qualifier one. If the Aussie picks up early wickets for the Shreyas Iyer led team then they will automatically have the advantage in the final considering how dangerous the SRH top order is.

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 final: Predicted Dream 11 teams

Head-2-Head Dream 11 team:

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Match Preview, Playing 11, Head-to-Head, Dream11 Team, Pitch, Toss, Weather Report and Live Streaming of IPL Final 2024
KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Match Preview, Playing 11, Head-to-Head, Dream11 Team, Pitch, Toss, Weather Report and Live Streaming of IPL Final 2024 5

Wicket keepers: Heinrich Klassen. 

Batters: Travis Head, Abhishek Sharma, Venkatesh Iyer and Shreyas Iyer. 

Bowlers: T Natarajan, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc and Varun Chakaravarthy. 

All Rounders: Andre Russell and Sunil Narine

Grand League Dream 11 team:

KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Match Preview, Playing 11, Head-to-Head, Dream11 Team, Pitch, Toss, Weather Report and Live Streaming of IPL Final 2024
KKR vs SRH IPL 2024 Final: Match Preview, Playing 11, Head-to-Head, Dream11 Team, Pitch, Toss, Weather Report and Live Streaming of IPL Final 2024 6

Wicket Keepers: Heinrich Klassen

Batters: Shreyas Iyer, Rahul Tripathi, Travis Head and Abhishek Sharma. 

All Rounders: Andre Russell and Sunil Narine. 

Bowlers: Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Varun Chakaravarthy and T Natarajan. 

Captain and vice captain options

Travis Head, Andre Russell, Abhishek Sharma, Rahul Tripathi and Sunil Narine.

CHECK: IPL 2024 Stats, Players With Most Runs and Most Wickets Full Updated List, Orange Cap and Purple Cap After SRH vs RR Qualifier 2

ADVERTISEMENT
Bookmarked post
Aryan Thakur
Aryan Thakurhttps://www.icccricketschedule.com/
Aryan, cricket lover, writes on ICC Cricket Schedule. His articles cover cricket news, match analysis, and fantasy cricket tips, entertaining and informing fans.

Related Articles

Latest Cricket NEWS