RPSG Group Appoints Lance Klusener as Head Coach of the Durban-based Team: RPSG Group, the team that acquired the ownership of the Lucknow Super Giants in the IPL 2022 season has also acquired the ownership of the Durban Based team in the CSA T20 League. Talking about league sports in cricket, the CSA T20 League is the latest addition to the same. For a simpler understanding, it can be said to be the IPL of South Africa. South Africa earlier had something called the Mzansi Super League but that wasn’t a true success. There are in total 6 franchises from the IPL that have also acquired a team in the CSA T20 League:
Lance Klusener, one of the greatest all-rounders of the late 90s and an immensely talented player who was a part of the 1999 South Africa side has been appointed as the head coach of the Durban-based team. The team’s name, logo, and jersey colours are all yet to be decided but Klusener will take the role of the head coach.
Klusener has previously been the head coach of the Afghanistan National Team, Dolphins (A domestic team in South Africa), Bangla Tigers (A team in the T10 league), Delhi Daredevils, Mumbai Indians (Batting-Coach), and as assistant coach of the Delhi-Ranji Team.
Klusener post retirement has contributed immensely to the sport. He completed a certified coaching training program provided by the CSA and based on that he has been getting so many roles across the globe. He was also supposed to be the permanent bowling coach of the Bangladesh side but as things didn’t fall in place, he denied the offer.
CSA T20 League
- The Newlands, Cape Town-based franchise is owned by Reliance Group of Industries. They also own the Mumbai Indians in IPL.
- The Kingsmead, Durban-based franchise is owned by Sanjeev Goenka’s RPSG Group. They also own the Lucknow Super Giants in the IPL.
- St George’s Park, Gqeberha (formerly known as Port Elizabeth) is owned by Sun TV Network Limited who also happen to be the owners of the Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- Wanderers, Johannesburg is owned by Chennai Super Kings Private and Limited, who is also the owner of the Chennai Super Kings.
- The Boland Park, Paarl-based franchise is owned by Royals Sports Group which also owns the Rajasthan Royals team. Manoj Badale is their CEO.
- The SuperSport Park, Pretoria team also happens to be owned by JSW Group, which belongs to Parth Jindal who has a share in the Delhi Capitals.
Read more such articles at Tight Scheduling: Ways to Deal with Scheduling Issues and to Keep Players Fit in 2022.
To know more go to the official website of LSG.