Australia vs India: Team India’s injury woes compounded as the pace spearhead Jasprit Bumrah is ruled out of the fourth and the last test match against Australia. According to the reports from BCCI, Bumrah sustained abdomen injury in the third test match at Sydney and will be rested for the last test.
It is learned from the scans that Bumrah sustained abdomen injury and the management does not want him to worsen it further. India after the Australia tour will right away prepare for the England series and Jasprit Bumrah is the key bowler for India, the management does not want him to aggravate his injury.
“Jasprit Bumrah suffered an abdominal strain while fielding in Sydney. He is going to sit out of the Brisbane Test but is expected to be available against England,” a BCCI source told PTI.
India will be with inexperienced pace attack that consists of Mohammad Siraj who is two matches old, Navdeep Saini who debut in the last drawn game, Shardul Thakur who had debuted but has not bowled and T Natarajan who is rookie in the test format and will debut in the fourth test.
Jasprit Bumrah will now prepare for four matches test series against England.
Team India’s injuries and unavailable players till now:
- Ishant Sharma – ruled out before the Australian tour due to side strain.
- Virat Kohli – Paternity leave.
- Mohammad Shami – Forearm fracture.
- Umesh Yadav – Calf-muscle injury.
- KL Rahul – Wrist Injury.
- Varun Chakravarthy – Shoulder injury.
- Ravindra Jadeja – Thumb dislocation and Fracture.
- Jasprit Bumrah – Abdomen injury.
- Hanuma Vihari – Hamstring injury.
- Rohit Sharma – Available for the last two test games only.
- Mayank Agarwal – Hit on his glove and taken for scans.
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar – Hamstring injury.
ALSO READ: Wishes started to pour as Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma are blessed with a daughter
ALSO READ: Australia vs India: Team India’s injury woes will give an edge to Australia in the 4th test: Ricky Ponting