PAK vs SA Rain Prediction, Weather Forecast of Chennai, and Pitch Report. Who Will Win Pakistan vs South Africa ICC World Cup 2023?
PAK vs SA at MA Chidambaram Stadium

IND vs AUS: The stage is set for the hosts India to take on the 3 times World Champions Australia on 8 October at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai. The IND vs AUS is the 5th match of the ICC ODI World Cup 2023 and is set to start at 2:00 PM with overcast conditions. This article will walk you through the IND vs AUS Weather Forecast And Pitch Report Of MA Chidambaram Stadium.

India and Australia were involved in a 3-match ODI series in India a couple of days ago where India won the series 2-1. Interestingly, Australia have lost 5 out of their last 6 outings- 3 against South Africa in South Africa and 2 against India in India. Australia won the third ODI and got a little bit of momentum in their favor. They won their 2nd warm-up game against Pakistan whereas 1st against Netherlands was called off due to rain.

Meanwhile, India will be at the peak of their confidence and momentum. Though both warm-up matches of India were washed off, India have enough match practice coming to the ICC main event.

If we take head-to-head stats into account, Australia possess an edge over India. Where Australia won 83 times out of 149 outings, India have won just 56 times.

Both teams are going with one of their key player unavailable for this fierce competition. Travis Head of Australia is missing and Indian star opener Shubman Gill is doubtful. With Gill’s unavailability, most probably, it will be Ishan Kishan who will fill up the opening void.

Down below is the IND vs AUS Weather Forecast And Pitch Report Of MA Chidambaram Stadium:

IND vs AUS Weather Forecast

IND vs AUS | Match 5 of the ICC World Cup 2023 will take place on October 8 (Sunday) at MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai. The play begins at 2:00 PM IST.

IND vs AUS Weather Forecast And Pitch Report Of MA Chidambaram Stadium | India vs Australia ICC World Cup 2023
IND vs AUS Weather Forecast Of MA Chidambaram Stadium (

According to, it is an overcast, hot, and humid day with a partially clear sky at night in Chennai city of India. The weather forecast shows minimal possibility of rain during the game. The temperature of Chennai city will stay at 32°C for the most part of the day till the evening and drop further to 29-28°C at night.

There are ~5% chances of rain throughout the day. Around a 10% chance of rain at around 5:00 PM. Humidity is in a higher range, hovering around 70-90%. Winds will gust toward the Southeast at the speed of ~20kmph during the day. Almost no rain interruption and we may enjoy a full 100-over game.

IND vs AUS Pitch Report Of MA Chidambaram Stadium

The pitch at the M.A. Chidambaram Stadium is recognized for typically providing an even playing surface that benefits both batsmen and bowlers. It has been confirmed that the IND vs AUS match would feature a black soil pitch. However, spinners typically have a little advantage due to the dry condition of the surface.

Now, if we talk about numbers, in 31 ODI games played at the stadium, the team batting first won 15 games and equal goes to the chasing team while one game ended in a tie.

IND vs AUS Probable Playing XI

INDIA- Rohit Sharma (c), Ishan Kishan, Virat Kohli, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin, Kuldeep Yadav, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj

AUSTRALIA- David Warner, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Marnus Labuschagne, Glenn Maxwell, Cameron Green, Alex Carey (wk), Pat Cummins (c), Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood, Adam Zampa.

READ: India vs Australia Dream11 Prediction 5th Match World Cup 202

Visit the ICC OFFICIAL WEBSITE for more recent updates.