Rajasthan Royals team has few great stars who are in form but we are inclined to comment that they might not occupy a position in the top 4 teams for certain reasons. Now no team can be written off completely. Strengths do exist. RR did reach the playoffs in 3 seasons. But they lack “in totum” when compared to the other teams. Here you will get Rajasthan Royals (RR) squad complete analysis, strength, weakness, prediction, Individual player analysis, most probable playing 11 and playing eleven for the first 2 matches.
IPL 2020 UAE Rajasthan Royals squad analysis
Mahipal Lomror, Manan Vohra, Riyan Parag, Steve Smith, Robin Uthappa, David Miller, Ankit Rajpoot, Mayank Markande, Jofra Archer, Shreyas Gopal, Varun Aaron, Jaydev Unadkat, Kartik Tyagi, Akash Singh, Oshane Thomas, Andrew Tye, Ben Stokes, Rahul Tewatia, Shashank Singh, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anirudha Joshi, Tom Curran, Jos Buttler, Sanju Samson, Anuj Rawat.
- Powerful opening batsmen : Butler as an opening batsman is awesome, along with Steve Smith
- More power from beneath : Ben Stokes down the line adds more strength
- Robin Uthappa and Sanju Samson backing up with their batting skills is a thumbs up
- All- rounder Tom Curran : fiery young fast bowler and decent batsman
- Jofra Archer – in tremendous form all-rounder
- Mayank Markande : a special mention for his fearless bowling and wicket taking ability
- Terrific youngsters waiting to make a mark : Riyan Parag, Karthik Tyagi, Yashasvi Jaiswal
- There is a dearth of significant top Indian batsman
- Steve Smith is not in his greatest form.
- 3 major batsmen are foreigners, which narrows down their options of a foreign bowler to 1
- Will Ben Stokes play? Mystery still surrounds his unavailability for IPL 2020.
- No established world class all rounders
- Indian Fast bowlers not very impressive
- A Seamless team is not visible. There are new additions which have to be proved right
On paper the team appears strong with stars in form. But the point is – will these reputed players perform well together? Playing the initial matches without the great guns, and keeping in mind the future matches to play, Rajasthan Royals is ranked among the last 4 teams.
Individual players analysis
Steve Smith – Captain and great batsman. No.1 in test rankings but not as successful in the T20. In the ongoing Australia vs England series, he has disappointed everyone.
Ben Stokes – He is in the best form of his life. He has achieved for England which no other all-rounder had – The world cup. He won the Ashes series too single handedly. He is the trump card for Rajasthan Royals.
Jos Butler – He in full form in the ongoing Australia vs England series. Be it T20 or ODI, he has been a consistent performer doing justice to his talent. He does not play rash shots and has learnt how to score and win matches for his side. One weakness of his is his reverse sweep. When he misses it, it is either an lbw or he is bowled out, and it seems to us like a compulsive shot!
Jofra Archer – He can easily be rated among the best fast bowlers at present. The unplayable balls which he bowls with an innocent face is deceptive, putting the least effort. His performance in the ongoing Australia vs England series proves this.
David Miller – A very good lower order batsman who can be a finisher. But in the recent times he has not been consistent and has not lived up to his reputation.
Tom Curren, Andrew Tye and Oshan Thomas are a good set of medium fast bowlers. The Indian pacers who will play in the11 are V.Aaron and Unadkat. They all have to be on target from ball one. If not, the batsmen are waiting to smack them.
Sanju Samson – A hard hitting stroke player and a not so bad wicketkeeper. He’s for keeps -he will play most of the matches.
Mayank Markande – The mystery bowler, he should play most of the matches.
Shreyas Gopal – He has shined as an all-rounder but has not yet established himself as a great talent.
Most probable playing X1 for most of the matches
- Sanju Samson
- Jos Butler
- Manan Vohra
- Robin Uthappa
- Steve Smith
- Ben Stokes
- Shreyas Gopal
- Jofra Archer
- Mayank Markande
- Jaidev Unadkat
- Varun Aaron
The playing XI for the initial 2 matches (less stronger)
- 1.Sanju Samson
- 2.Robin Uthappa
- 3.Manan Vohra
- 4.Ryan Parag
- 5.David Millar
- 6.Shreyas Gopal
- 9.Andrew Tye
- 10.Jaidev Unadkat
- 11.Oshan Thomas