The team which has won 3 championships and narrowly missed the fourth – Chennai Super Kings. A team that has reached the play offs every single season of IPL. Sailing through pressure with poise, CSK is a winner in itself. Filled with experience, talent and power, they refuse to be derailed no matter what hits them.
IPL 2020 CSK Squad Analysis:
Narayan Jagadeesan, Ruturaj Gaikwad, KM Asif , Ravindra Jadeja, M Vijay, MS Dhoni (C), Josh Hazlewood ,Kedar Jadhav, Harbhajan Singh, Karn Sharma, Piyush Chawla, Ambati Rayudu, Suresh Raina, Imran Tahir , Deepak Chahar, Faf du Plessis, Shardul Thakur, Mitchell Santner, Dwayne Bravo, Lungi Ngidi, Sam Curran, Monu Kumar, Shane Watson, Sai Kishore
Unblock and Access your favorite ICC T20 WorldCup matches using a VPN. Learn more about it from here.
In the recent auctions, CSK has cleverly added weight to their already robust spin department by picking up Piyush Chawla and Sai Kishore. Sam Curran and Josh Hazelwood will bolster the pace department with their firepower. What a well balanced team CSK is with plenty of choices among good players. This comes so handy when you need to rest or backup a player.
Chennai Super Kings need no superman,
Win on their own, Yes they can!
IPL 2020 UAE : Team CSK Strengths
- Dhoni as a captain, cool, calm, composed, consistet, talented, experienced, shrewd. CSK is basking in his glory!
- Batting pack – There is collective spirit in the batsmen of CSK. They deliver.
- Team Spinners – Ahoy Captain! – The kind of spinners CSK has is not seen in any other team. Ravindra Jadeja, Harbhajan Singh, Karan Sharma, Piyush Chawla, Imran Tahir, Mitchell Santner and R Sai Kishore
- Team Pacers – Aye Aye Captain! – Lungi Ngidi, Sam Curran and Josh Hazelwood
- Deepak Chahar back after his recovery is huge plus point.
- All rounder Sam Curran in the team has hardened the core.
- CSK the most balanced side with plenty of choices among good players
IPL 2020 UAE : Team CSK Weaknesses
- Boy are we falling short of words here or are there no such weaknesses in CSK?! Looks like they don’t let a threat manifest into a weakness!
IPL 2020 UAE : Team CSK Opportunities
- Ruturaj Gaikwad : a player so powerful who could fill the shoes of Suresh Raina. He is touted to be the next big name. CSK could cash on him.
- Sai Kishore : personally trained by Harbhajan Singh, this strappy lad could do wonders for CSK.
- Time to build a team of brilliant youngsters Jagdeeshan, Sai Kishore, Rituraj Gaikwad and Sam Curran to gradually fill the shoes of the veterans
IPL 2020 UAE : Team CSK Threats
- Suresh Raina opting out of the tournament is a big thing. One of the leading runs scorer, an excellent fielder, the team will miss him.
- Harbhajan Singh opting out of IPL2020 did leave a blank which will be filled though.
- Rayudu has been out of form lately
- Lack of match practice for most of the players of CSK does spring a doubt
DREAM11 IPL 2020 Team Chennai Super Kings (CSK) Prediction
This is the strongest team in the tournament. They are expected to reach the playoffs by all chances. They cannot lose a match unless they make mistakes which is not expected of their experienced team and captain.
Individual Player Analysis :
M.S.Dhoni – The most successful Indian captain, the agile wicketkeeper, the finisher who led CSK to 7 finals of the IPL in 12 seasons.
Murali Vijay – a sturdy batsman and an opener for CSK. He can give a good start.
Ambati Rayadu – This is an important season for him to become the key batsman for CSK. Being a top order batsman he should give consistent good performances.
Faf Duplesis – The most important overseas batsman. He will play a major role in the batting department and he is capable of doing it.
Shane Watson – The batsman of all seasons and all pitches. Comes the occasion, comes the man – he is going to make big scores.
Ravindra Jadeja – the best all-rounder in the team. More than his batting, he can win matches by his bowling and fielding.
Kedar Jadav – another good middle order batsman.
Sam Curran – the all-rounder whose swing bowling is best suited for T20 matches.
Dwane Bravo – the consistent all-rounder who is always in the game with his bowling ,his batting and fielding.
Imran Tahir and Mitchell Santner are both very good spinners in addition to Indians Piyush Chawla and Karan Sharma.
The pace bowlers Hazelwood, Deepak Chahar, Lungi Ngidi, and Shardul Thakur form a formidable group.
in addition there are the youngsters of India – Rutraj Gaikward, Narayan Jagdeeshan and Sai Krishna who may get opportunities to play.
The Best XI of CSK
- 1.Murali Vijay
- 2.Ambati Rayudu
- 3.Faf Du Plessis
- 4.Shane Watson
- 6.Kedar Jadav
- 7.Ravindra Jadeja
- 8.Shardul Thakur
- 9.Piyush Chawla
- 10.Josh Hazelwood
- 11.Lungi Ngidi/Sam Curran
A treat for our readers. Here we have a special prediction just for you!
The Top 4 teams of IPL who will go into the playoffs and the teams who will miss it :
- 4.RCB or SRH
- 1.RCB or SRH
A special word for Kings XI PUNJAB TEAM : they are packed with 5 all-rounders which virtually is equal to 10 players. Now even if 2 of them get together in form ,they can beat any team in the tournament, any time.