As we analyze all the teams one by one, we can’t help but notice the tight race for the top 5 positions in the ranking table. Every team seems better than it’s previous version. So is the case with KXIP. History says they have never won the trophy, but were runners up once in 2014 apart from the visit they paid to the playoffs in 2008. But now, they are busy pulling up their socks. A Time comes when you gotta deliver and this is that time for KXIP.
A new captain (KL Rahul), a new coach (Anil Kumble), a smart auction – They did well in the auctions by snaring Maxwell, Jordan and Cortrell. Maxwell is firing away right now in the Australia vs England series.
IPL 2020 Team Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) SWOT analysis :
KL Rahul (C), Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, Karun Nair, Sarfaraz Khan, Mandeep Singh, Sheldon Cottrell, Ishan Porel, Ravi Bishnoi, Mohammed Shami, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Arshdeep Singh, Hardus Viljoen, M Ashwin, J Suchith, Harpreet Brar, Darshan Nalkande, Glenn Maxwell, James Neesham, Chris Jordan, Krishnappa Gowtham, Deepak Hooda, Tajinder Singh Dhillon, Nicholas Pooran, Prabhsimran Singh.
Team Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) IPL 2020 : Strengths
- 2 Specialist key batsmen : Chris Gayle and KL Rahul, openers who are both in form
- Strong batting line-up : Mayank, Mandeep, Nair, Sarfaraz (match finisher) and Nicholas to follow
- Key batsman : KXIP need a new king, Victory to them who can bring!
Glenn Maxwell is in fine fettle, back from a hiatus after some health issues. He is in great shape and revving to show his previous form in IPL. He has been declared Man of the Series in the present Australia vs England Series!
- Pack of able All-rounders Jordan and Neesham, Gowtham, Hooda
- Extremely flexible batting line up. Some players may be moved up or down the line and yet not disturb the impact.
- Shami, Cottrell and Jordan bowlers will fortify the team
- Jordan’s death bowling with variations is an asset.
Team Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) IPL 2020 : Weaknesses
- High expectations from Glenn Maxwell for him to be the ‘X’ factor of KXIP.
- Opening pair have to rain runs to instill confidence in the team.
- The youngsters have to step up which is a gamble Karun Nair, Mandeep Singh, Deepak Hooda and Krishnappa Gowtham
- No reputed Spinners in the Spin department. With R.Ashwin being let off, KXIP is left with M.Ashwin and Gowtham.
- Only 2 pace bowlers in the team
- Bowling unit is a definite worry. The overseas all-rounders are a major part of their major 5 bowlers. That’s not good news.
- Young Indian cricketers in the team are either have very little experience or none.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) IPL 2020 Opportunities :
- The middle order batsmen have enough power and support in order to make smashing records for the team
- Amazing batting depth which should translate into big scores, thus towering over the opponents
- Bowlers keep injury under check and bowl well, anything is possible
- They could groom bowlers like Ishan Porel to back up important player like Shami in the team.
Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) IPL 2020 Threats :
- Specialist bowlers win matches and KXIP has only 2
- A new captain waiting to prove himself under pressure
- Any player dropping out is going to leave a gaping hole as there are no backups.
- When pressure hits the team, experience is what that bails them out. Lacking there, KXIP are exposed (with only Shami, Gayle, Rahul, Maxwell).
- Too much dependence on overseas talent (Neesham, Maxwell, Jordan, Cortrell, Nicholas, Rehman and Viljoen). It would leave the team falling short of an overall impact
DREAM11 IPL 2020 Kings XI Punjab (KXIP) Prediction
There is a difficulty predicting this team’s wins. On paper they have talent. But is this team strong enough to beat teams like SRH, RCB or DC is the question. Unless KXIP puts up big totals on the board, unless their bowlers keep themselves fit and bowl precisely throughout, this team may not reach the playoffs. Wonder what the readers think, but we see them in the lower half of the points raking table. If they go on a winning streak, that would definitely be a surprise. But the odds of that happening is bleak!
The team players who have the power to challenge any other team.
K.L.Rahul – Captain and outstanding batsman of the team.
Sarfaraz khan – An aggressive batsman, he has not lived up to his reputation in the last 2 IPL seasons.
Mayank Aggarwal and Karun Nair both reputed test batsmen but not yet proved themselves in the T20 format.
Mandeep Singh and Deepak Hooda are both good batsmen in the middle order.
Chris Gayle – The big boss of T20 cricket. He has most of the records in T20. If he gets into form he will win 5 matches on his own, but it should be the vital matches which can make his team reach the top 4 teams and playoffs.
Nicolas Pooran – a very talented batsman and next to Gayle and Rahul he is the key batsman of the team.
Maxwell – has regained form and is the man of the series with a brilliant century in the decisive final mach, Australia vs England that concluded yesterday.
James Neesham – The batsman who nearly got the world cup 2019 for NZ. He is a very good all-rounder.
Sheldon Cottrell – he is also a very useful all-rounder of international repute.
Krishna Gowtham -The Indian all -rounder who has proved his talent in the 2019 IPL.
Chris Jordan – the only bowling specialist from overseas.
Mohammad Shami – The only spear head of the pace bowlers.
Murugan Ashwin – He showed his talent as a reliable spinner last IPL.
Ravi Bishnoi – has made his name as a spinner in the domestic circuit.
All other youngsters in the team may not get many opportunities to play.