For readers who have been following our IPL 2020 Teams’ Analysis and Predictions, they would know that we feel Mumbai Indians is among the top 2 strongest teams of IPL. And that is for the obvious reason that they have an equally great combination of Indian and overseas players. This combination opens the opportunity to replace or rest players at will as this is a long tournament with 15 to 17 matches. The other teams seem to depend more on the overseas players (the irony being – only 4 are to be taken in the team).
IPL 2020 Team Mumbai Indians (MI) Squad SWOT Analysis :
Mumbai Indians, champions four times,
“Champions Again”, is that what the bell chimes?!!!
Defending Champions MI are sure to put up a performance that is nothing short of an extravaganza. They will be completely determined to stay the course. What a way to start the IPL than with arch-rivals CSK! Will Chennai get its sweet revenge or will MI relish this dessert again! Let’s have a look at this glorious team and know what’s ahead for them in IPL 2020 UAE.
Mumbai Indians (MI) squad IPL 2020
Rohit Sharma (C), Aditya Tare, Anmolpreet Singh, Anukul Roy, Chris Lynn, Dhawal Kulkarni, Digvijay Deshmukh, Hardik Pandya, Ishan Kishan (wk), James Pattison, Jasprit Bumrah, Jayant Yadav, Kieron Pollard, Krunal Pandya, Mitchell McClenaghan, Mohsin Khan, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Prince Balwant Rai, Quinton De Kock (wk), Rahul Chahar, Saurabh Tiwary, Sherfane Rutherford, Suryakumar Yadav, Trent Boult.
IPL 2020 Mumbai Indians (MI) Team : Strengths
- Rohit Sharma : His batting prowess, his captaincy skills, his ability to deal with pressure, keeping a sane head atop his shoulders even in triumph : all this makes this man remarkably lucky for MI
- Picking up Chris Lynn and Quinton De Kock in the auctions
- They are going to make some excellent partnerships with Rohit Sharma as openers.
- A robust Indian core : Rohit Sharma, Hardik Pandya, Bumrah
- Experienced youngsters Surya Kumar Yadav and Ishan Kishan waiting to get off the mark again
- All-rounders Keiron Pollard, Hardik Pandya and Krunal Pandya add tremendous value with abundant IPL experience. Anmolpreeth Singh could learn a lot from them.
- Interesting Backups : Sherfane Rutherford (batsman) and Coulter-Nile (bowler) is a smart move
- Bumrah, Dhawal Kulkarni, Boult, Coulter-Nile, Mitchel McCleneghan – Look at that list of pacers!
IPL 2020 Mumbai Indians (MI) Team : Weaknesses
- Spin department is sure calling out. Unable to fetch Piyush Chawla in the auctions – will that hurt MI in the spin conducive grounds of UAE?
- Chahar and Krunal, the official spinners of MI, they have to do it. But there is not much of wicket taking there. Thinking of which, Anukul Roy could be introduced here. They also have Jayant Yadav at their disposal.
- Malinga will be missed. James Pattinson taken in his place – can he fill the void?
- Bumrah needs to stay fit. Period.
IPL 2020 Team Mumbai Indians (MI) Team : Opportunities
- Surya Kumar Yadav and Anukul Roy, Ishan Kishan can prove themselves by being instrumental in these games
- MI has ample space to rest a few players in between matches keeping in mind the hot and humid weather conditions in UAE. This way, it’s players could stay fit throughout the season.
IPL 2020 Team Mumbai Indians (MI) Team : Threats
- MI’s Previous disastrous performance in UAE. If the conditions of this place were what caused MI to lose all matches played here, then there’s an altogether different story.
- Apart from this, their weakness in the spin department is the only threat which might impede their championship win. Though they do have the power to overcome this.
DREAM11 IPL 2020 Team Mumbai Indians (MI) Prediction
Sure to be in the top 4 of the points ranking table. Sure to enter the playoffs. Very worthy and very likely to enter the finals too. Winning the trophy? Well, so unpredictable right now. Let’s hang tough for a while and then comment.
Individual Players Analysis:
Rohit Sharma – Captain and wonderful stroke player recently praised by Zaheer Abbas, Pakistan legend batsman. He spoke about the position Rohit Sharma creates to play his strokes. Rohit Sharma has captained MI to 4 IPL championships.
Quinton De Kock – the other opening batsman who has a great record against Indian bowlers and a successful combination with Rohit Sharma.
Surya Kumar Yadav – has established himself as a strong front line batsman, Man of the Match in IPL 2019 final.
Ishan Kishan – another Indian batsman who has established himself as a vital player for MI.
Keiron Pollard – After 10 years he is still the best all-rounder who always manages to find his form. For MI he is a finisher and a brilliant fielder. What with a splendid performance in the Caribbean League recently.
Hardik Pandya – the most talented Indian all-rounder, a vital player for MI, only thought being – he is coming back from a spine operation.
Krunal Pandya – He is the 2nd spinner and a useful lower order batsman.
Chris Lynn – an aggressive batsman who was out of form in the recent Caribbean League matches. If he finds his form he will be an okay contribution for MI.
The medium pace bowlers both Indian and overseas are just awesome, inspite of the absence of Lasith Malinga. They are famous and need no comments : T.Boult, J.Bumrah, Coulter-Nile ,Dhawal Kulkarni, Mitchel McClenaghen.
Spinners Rahul Chahar,Krunal Pandya and Jayanth Yadav all are good.
All-rounders Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Keiron Pollard, Jayanth Yadav.
Aditya Tiwari is also a “strokefull” batsman and wicketkeeper. Could be used in a few matches.
The Playing XI of Mumbai Indians
- 1.Rohit Sharma
- 2.Quinton De Kock
- 3.Surya kumar Yadav
- 4.Ishan Kishan
- 5.Hardik Pandya
- 6.Keiron Pollard
- 7.Krunal Pandya
- 8.Rahul Chahar
- 9.Trent Boult
- 10.Mitchel Mc Cleneghen
- 11.Jasprit Bumrah
Mumbai will have the same team for first 3 matches, which is a huge advantage.