Complete List of India matches in the T20 World Cup 2022, Squad, INDvsPAK on 23rd Oct
Getty Image

India’s Squad for Asia Cup 2022: Predicting 15-men Indian team for Asia Cup 2022: The Asia Cup 2022 is just around the corner and excitement among the fans for the multi-nation tournament has grown with each passing day. The continental tournament is set to begin on August 27 in the UAE while team India will play its first match on 28th August against arch-rivals Pakistan in the Dubai International Stadium.

While a few teams participating in the Asia Cup have announced their squad for the tournament (including Pakistan), India is yet to reveal its side. However, the announcement from the BCCI doesn’t seem far away as the deadline to name the respective squad for Asia Cup is August 8 (Monday).

The six-nation tournament will provide teams with a perfect setting to gear up their preparations for the all-important T20 World Cup 2022 in Australia. India would be looking at this opportunity to pluck the gaps and find a settled side for the upcoming World Cup.

It can be noted that there isn’t a lot of scope for twisting and tweaking Indian the squad. More than 80 per cent of the squad will comprise the all-format players, who have been consistently featuring in the Indian side. While there will be high competition between the remaining 20 per cent.

As far as the list of certainties goes, the likes of Rohit Sharma (skipper), Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Dinesh Karthik and Rishabh Pant will be present in the Indian squad for the Asia Cup 2022.

Young batter Ishan Kishan is expected to be in the squad as the back-up to Rohit Sharma and KL Rahul (subject to fitness). 

The Indian management has tested Shreyas Iyer and Deepak Hooda extensively in recent times as a backup middle order batter. If we go by the stats and performance, Deepak Hooda has shown his class in the limited opportunities he has received, while, Shreyas Iyer has been found vulnerable to the short deliveries and has only managed to perform in some odd opportunities. It will be interesting to see what the Indian selectors think and how they measure the performance of both the players.

Meanwhile, Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya and Ravindra Jadeja are confirmed to get a nod in the Indian squad as a middle-order batter.

ALSO READ: Sachin Tendulkar: Winston Benjamin, Former West Indies Pacer, Reaches Out to Star Player for Seeking Help.

The selectors have a gigantic task to finalise the bowling department. While the pacer looks sorted and indispensable, the only scope for changes is in the spin bowling unit. 

Senior all-rounder Ravindra Jadeja is a no-brainer to be in the Indian squad, but, besides him, no other spinner has a fixed place in the side. Yuzvendra Chahal has outperformed every other tweaker and has been consistently giving good performances and is probable to get a place in the Indian side for the Asia Cup 2022. 

There is stiff competition for the place of the third spinner for which R Ashwin, Axar Patel and Ravi Bishnoi are competing. 

Talking about the fast bowling unit, Jasprit Bumrah and Bhuvneshwar Kumar will straight away walk into the side. Meanwhile, for the third pacer, Arshdeep Singh is likely to be preferred ahead of any other pacer. Harshal Patel had good chance to make it to the Asia Cup 2022 squad, however, his injuries will block his entry to the side.

India’s Squad for Asia Cup 2022:

Batters: Rohit Sharma, KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, Deepak Hooda

Wicketkeeper: Rishabh Pant, Dinesh Karthik

All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Ravichandran Ashwin

Bowlers: Ravi Bishnoi, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Arshdeep Singh, Yuzvendra Chahal, Avesh Khan

ALSO READ: Ravi Shastri wants Arshdeep Singh in India’s T20 World Cup 2022 squad at any cost